Fiber is a type of complex carbohydrate. It is interesting that the human body is not able to digest it, but it brings great benefits due to its regulating and purifying properties.
Fiber is easy to get from foods that are found in your regular diet:
- dried fruits;
- sunflower seeds;
It is known that a diet rich in plant fiber is able to quickly establish digestion, improve metabolism, contribute to weight loss and generally improve the body. And its big plus is the fact that fiber is found in completely ordinary products, so just increase their consumption. From vegetables, beans and seeds, you can prepare nutritious salads, and fruits rich in fiber will serve as an excellent snack.
Plant fiber is of two types:
- soluble – the content of plant cells;
- insoluble (coarse) – cell membrane.
Soluble fiber is softer in structure and is found in fruits and vegetables, as well as legumes. Coarse fiber foods are typically cereal crops. However, from some cultures, the human body can take both types of matter.
What is fiber
Fiber is a component of food in the form of dietary fiber, which the human body is not able to process. It swells while in the stomach and leaves the body along with toxins, toxins and other unnecessary elements. Thus, the substance has a positive effect on health, due to its useful properties:
- improves digestion;
- lowers blood sugar and cholesterol;
- creates a long feeling of fullness;
- It helps to eliminate toxins and lose weight.
The main types of fiber: soluble and coarse (insoluble). The functions of both relate to improving bowel function. Their difference consists in different principles of action:
- Soluble fiber in contact with water in the body takes a jelly-like viscous form due to the adhesive components contained in it. Its main goal is to protect the walls of the stomach and intestines from damage by slowing the movement of food through them. It also contributes to the long-term maintenance of a feeling of fullness. Various cereals, citrus fruits, legumes, and berries belong to this species.
- Insoluble performs the task of cleansing the body. Upon contact with water, it swells, filling the intestines, as a result of which it promotes the advancement of food and the subsequent softening of the stool. Insoluble fiber includes: whole grain bread and pasta, peel of fruits, vegetables.
The composition of fiber is rich in various trace elements:
The components that make up the substance provide benefits to the human body. The daily fiber intake is 20-30 grams.
What is fiber for?
This element plays an important role in healing. The presence of fiber in the daily diet is capable of:
- lower blood cholesterol;
- remove toxins from the body;
- prevent the formation of kidney stones;
- establish the intestinal microflora, help get rid of existing diseases;
- prevent the occurrence of diabetes;
- cleanse the intestines;
- help losing weight.
Insoluble fiber performs the full function of detox and improves the condition of the liver. The human body needs fiber to function properly. However, with excessive use of it, you run the risk of receiving not harm, but harm in the form of:
- reactions to the skin;
- intestinal weakening;
- pain in the stomach;
If you follow a balanced and proper diet, you can get only benefit from cellulose by evaluating its contribution to your health.
Fiber in Dietary Products
|Title||The amount of cellulose per 100 grams of product, in grams|
Fiber-rich foods are the foundation of a healthy diet. Using them, you can be convinced of its positive impact on health. One of the advantages of fiber is its bactericidal effect. Due to its organic composition, it is able to delay the development of microbes inside the human body. Its antiseptic effect contributes to:
- regeneration of the gastric mucosa from microtraumas;
- protecting the walls of the stomach from too spicy, acidic and rough food;
- the destruction of existing bacteria and toxins that cause disease.
The highest cellulose content is in cereals (bran, cereals, durum wheat pasta). In addition, fiber can be consumed separately, adding to cooked dishes. In this form, it can be purchased at any network of pharmacies.
Cleansing and saturating the body
Despite the fact that fiber is not digested by the human body, it is able to carry out its powerful cleansing, passing through the gastrointestinal tract in transit and taking toxins with it. Its action will delight people planning to lose weight, as cellulose contributes to this. Swelling in the stomach, it gives him a feeling of fullness for a long time, which prevents overeating.
Among the foods most rich in dietary fiber:
- wheat bran;
- flax seeds;
- whole wheat bread;
Intestinal microflora balance
Imbalance in the microflora in the intestine causes dysbiosis. Dishes with cellulose in the composition can prevent its occurrence. Dysbacteriosis occurs in two cases:
- due to unbalanced nutrition, lack of nutrients, which are reinforced by lack of sleep, poor ecology and stress;
- on the basis of a disease that weakened the immune system.
Insoluble fiber has a cleansing and antibacterial effect: these components are enough to avoid the disease. If you follow the correct diet with the necessary trace elements, as well as a favorable lifestyle, you will receive good health and excellent health.
Cellulose is able not only to solve current problems with the body, but also to prevent their occurrence in the future due to its cumulative effect. These conditions include:
- Heart attack and angina pectoris. Studies have shown that people who regularly consume fiber are 40 percent less at risk for heart disease.
- Diabetes. Increased fiber intake can lower blood glucose, preventing the onset of diabetes. It makes the process of splitting carbohydrates slower, which also slows down the absorption of glucose.
- Crayfish. Studies conducted in 2011 showed the relationship between fiber and cancer cells. When used correctly, the human body produces a special reagent – butyrate, which provokes the self-destruction of cancer cells.
- Allergy. There is an opinion that the occurrence of allergies is a consequence of a violation of the intestinal microflora, which will help prevent the use of fiber.
- Acne Water-soluble fiber contains vitamins that favorably affect the condition of the skin, and its antibacterial effect will help affect bacteria and fungus that causes acne.
Daily fiber requirement
For the healthy functioning of the body, a person should consume at least 25 grams of dietary fiber daily. Such its content is found in such products:
- 100 grams of bread;
- 1 kilogram of oatmeal;
- half a kilogram of beans;
- 2.5 kilograms of cabbage.
Eating food in such volumes is irrational, so each person can consume the right amount of dietary fiber, combining various foods with a high content or using a food supplement. Ground fiber is sold in pharmacies, it is easy to add to dishes, and it is perfectly absorbed by the body. Thus, you get as many fibers as your body requires, without much effort and dietary changes.
Fiber deficiency in modern man
There are several reasons for the low fiber content in the human diet:
- Lack of a balanced diet for personal reasons.
- Environmental conditions. Residents of the northern regions cannot buy, for example, quality-grown vegetables and fruits (products that contain dietary fiber) during the cold season, which can drag on for most of the year. Thus, their diet at this time consists of food that does not contain fiber or contains it in small quantities.
- Many people follow certain nutritional restrictions, such as a low-fiber diet.
It should be remembered that foods rich in plant fiber have invaluable benefits for the body, and its absence can cause a lot of unpleasant consequences. Most dietary fiber is found in cereals, nuts and dried fruits, which are easy to arrange snacks. Therefore, if you are interested in including foods that are high in fiber in your diet, you can start small. With a deficiency of dietary fiber, doctors recommend adding fiber-rich foods to the menu gradually so that the body can get used to new conditions.
What threatens a lack of fiber in foods
Doctors recommend a low-fiber diet solely for indications of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. At this time, it is really worth protecting the stomach from rough food. Many people mistakenly use dietary measures for weight loss – however, it is extremely ineffective.
For quality weight loss, you should adhere to a balanced and healthy diet with all trace elements, and fiber can contribute to this. Ignoring food with a lot of dietary fiber can lead to such unpleasant consequences:
- increased blood sugar;
- bloating sensations;
- the incessant feeling of hunger;
- weight gain;
- the occurrence of constipation;
- persistent drowsiness;
- increased cholesterol.
Fiber in food
Fiber products are invaluable to people, helping to restore the body and prevent the occurrence of diseases. Fiber in foods is a common occurrence, as there are a lot of sources of dietary fiber. For those who find it difficult to monitor the dietary intake of fiber-containing foods, there are shredded dietary fiber in the form of an additive to food.
Most dietary fiber is found in cereals and crops. Modern technologies make it possible to produce pressed breads rich in fiber – 50 grams per 100 grams of product. Other high fiber foods include nuts and dried fruits. They will serve as an excellent snack, making a great contribution to health.
Products that contain coarse fiber are able to fully detoxify the body:
- coarse cereals;
- cereal muesli;
- brown rice
In addition to cereals, coarse fiber is also found in fruits with vegetables:
- peaches apples;
- Bell pepper.
Products rich in coarse fiber should be consumed unrefined, since the bulk of dietary fiber is found in their peel.
What foods contain fiber?
|The product’s name||Content in 100 g of product|
|Brussels sprouts||4.2 gr|
|Beans in pods||3.4 gr|
|Nuts and beans|
|Soya beans||13.5 gr|
|Flax seeds||27.3 gr|
|Fruits and dried fruits|
|Dried Dates||6 gr|
|Bread and cereals|
|Wheat bran||44 gr|
|Whole wheat bread||7.5 gr|
|Durum wheat pasta||3,7 gr|
Fiber in food is a source of health, well-being and full-fledged work of internal organs. Fiber-rich foods are easy to find on shelves in the supermarket, and make small adjustments to your diet with them.
Bran is a part of the grain that remains after grinding. In other words, it is its hard shell and parts of the contents. They are also of plant origin, like fiber, but there are several differences between them:
- Fiber is a component found in food. These are dietary fibers that a person receives from a product. Bran is considered a by-product of processing.
- In bran, in addition to fiber, there are also fats, proteins, vitamins and other trace elements.
- Bran is caloric than fiber, but to get coarse fibers from bran products, you will have to eat much more in volume.
A large amount of cellulose is found in wheat, corn, barley and oat bran, as well as in bread and pasta durum wheat. In addition to dietary fiber, they are rich in vitamins and other trace elements and this compensates for the low fiber content.
By adding fiber-rich foods and bran to your diet, you will heal your body and contribute to better absorption of food.
Fibers help the body absorb protein better, enhancing the medicinal properties of both. Among foods fortified with fiber and protein are cereals. They contain useful trace elements that nourish the body, and also have the ability to saturate it for a long time.
High fiber and protein are found in:
- rice (brown);
- barley groats;
- pearl barley;
From the proposed cereals it is easy to cook cereals, which will become a full meal. It is important to pay attention to the exact name of the product. For example, ordinary rice cereals contain little fiber, and brown rice is enough.
Vegetables and fruits
Plant fiber is found in various fruits and vegetables. In order to get the nutrients in full, you should know a couple of rules:
- The main concentration of dietary fiber is in the skin of the fetus. Therefore, it is important to eat fruits and vegetables with peel, after washing them well.
- In fresh vegetables, the concentration of nutrients is higher, so try to eat high-quality foods.
- Sources of fiber are also found in berries and dried fruits.
Fiber in fruits and vegetables
|The product’s name||Content per 100 grams|
Fiber in fruits and berries has additional advantages, as it is combined with fruit acids and vitamins, the benefits of which are invaluable to the body. Apple fiber is especially useful for those who want to lose weight and make the body detox, as it has enhanced antiseptic and cleansing properties. You can buy it in packaged form.
Contraindications and harm to fiber
Contrary to the medicinal properties of dietary fiber, a diet high in fiber can lead to negative consequences. To avoid them, it is important to know what to look for:
- Soluble fiber has the ability to quickly absorb moisture, so dehydration is the main risk when it is consumed. Drink more pure water than usual while eating fiber-rich foods.
- If you consume a lot of fiber, your body runs the risk of not coping with it, as a result of which constipation, indigestion or other intestinal diseases can form.
There are also contraindications to the use of dietary fiber. Products rich in cellulose can be harmful to these categories of people:
- pregnant and lactating;
- people with acute gastritis;
- suffering from an ulcer;
- with inflammation of the esophagus and duodenitis;
- people with individual intolerance.
Try to combine foods that contain high amounts of fiber with other trace elements in your diet, as a balanced diet is the key to health.
Proper fiber intake
In order for soluble fiber to benefit you, when using it, you need to take into account several nuances:
- Do not forget about the dosage. The daily intake of healthy fiber is 25-30 grams.
- Enrich your diet with bran, as they are easily absorbed with fiber and have many beneficial properties. The use of bran triggers an additional detox effect, saturating the body with vitamins and positively affecting the digestive tract.
- For maximum effect, eat fruit in the morning, and fish dishes in the late afternoon.
- To begin to introduce fiber into food should be step by step. Start eating high fiber foods with 10-15 grams daily.
To obtain the effect of plant fiber, it is not necessary to use foods with the highest content. The micronutrients included in the fibers are contained in their packaged format, which is easy to purchase at the pharmacy and add to any dish.